ID 409 - Problem Solving in 8 Disciplines (8D) – Basic Training
ID 409: Problem Solving in 8 Disciplines (8D) – Basic Training
This training focuses on the basics of problem solving in 8 Disciplines. You will learn how to proceed systematically (problem description and solution) when dealing with a problem (e.g. customer complaint), how the problem-solving process works, and what an 8 D report contains. In addition, the added value of an open error culture in a company will be addressed.
- You will be familiar with the method, process and reporting of the 8 Disciplines.
- You will be able to describe the individual steps of the 8D method.
- You will be familiar with the changes from the previous volume.
- You will be familiar with other problem-solving methods.
- You will be able to distinguish between technical and systemic causes.
- You will be familiar with evaluation criteria.
- You will be able to describe opportunities and risks as well as roles and responsibilities.
- You will be familiar with the importance of error culture and leadership.
The training alternates between technical presentations, discussions and exchanges of experience. Supplementary Material: VDA Volume 8D – Problem Solving in 8 Disciplines.
Prerequisites for participation
- First experience in problem solving.
- Basic knowledge in the application of quality methods.
employees from sales, development, customer service and complaints processing, production, purchasing, logistics as well as internal and external quality assurance who work or are involved in the problem-solving process. • executives who want to get an overview and understanding of the interrelationships involved in problem solving in 8 Disciplines in order to use this expertise to strengthen their organization
After passing the knowledge test (multiple-choice test), you will receive a certificate of qualification.